English Today was recently tasked with teaching the staff of an Australian owned mining software company operating in Jakarta. MICROMINE develops mining software solutions spanning the entire mining process from geological exploration and 3D mine design to mine production management, mine production control and data management solutions. Micromine understood the need for its staff to be able to confidently use professional business English communication and it turned to English Today to meet that need.
English Today provided Mr. Joe as the teacher because of his many years of experience in business English communication. Coming from a background in the food service industry, Mr. Joe was well versed in all aspects of formal and social business English communications and was able to pass these skills quickly and effectively on to the staff at Micromine.
In fact, English Today’s comprehensive training program (combined with Mr. Joe’s extensive experience) was so affective that Micromine’s Indonesia CEO Myke Jones remarked:
“English Today’s Sales / Presentation has had a tangible affect on each student and their sales have increase as a result of the training.”
The Key to Success
The key to their Business English Training success was the reliance not on theory and grammatical functions the students would little understand and certainly never use, but on real-world communication; real-world examples that the students encounter every day in their working environment. Combined with Mr. Joe’s passion for motivating students to reach their best and English Today’s world class materials, the training proved an overwhelming success.
Objectives & Overview
The staff at Micromine Indonesia underwent a 30 hour training course aimed at improving two main areas:
- Business English skills
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Two secrets that will guarantee your audience is locked into your presentation right from the start.
- How to spot disinterest or boredom warning signs in an audience and how to quickly win them back.
- How to turn your dry and technical presentation into a story structure that gets your audience quickly involved.
- What English to use to get your audience interested in your product and get that sale.
- Understanding the difference between business English (formal and informal) and social English (for when you need to be professional with customers and when you need to socialize with them).