The topic was beautifully explored by Seth Godin with his famous blog post. Here are the qualities of a viral message:
No one sends an idea unless:
- They understand it
- They want it to spread
- They believe that spreading it will enhance their power (reputation, income, friendships) or their peace of mind
- The effort necessary to send the idea is less than the benefits
How about receiving an idea? What does it take for people to get an idea?
No one gets an idea unless:
- The first impression demands further investigation
- They already understand the foundation ideas necessary to get the new idea
- They trust or respect the sender enough to invest the time
One of the best ways to learn is to learn by example. Try:
- Steve Job presentation available on: www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents
- TED talks available allonline at: www.ted.com
Watch documentaries and learn about the pace and the type of visuals used to enhance the voice over. There are many lessons to learn here.